To book your tickets:
- Choose your day
- Choose your departure time – the train departs on the hour
- Choose your compartment – The compartments are named after the stations on the original Waterford, Dungarvan & Lismore Railway line.
- The capacity of each open compartment is 8 persons if you have a mix of Adults and Children. 6 Persons if you have adults only. Please do not over book the capacity.
- Choose your ticket types for your party. Family tickets available and add adults and seniors as appropriate. Children under 3 years are free.
- All Trains depart from and return to Kilmeadan Station
- The return journey lasts 40 minutes, Sunday to Friday and 50 minutes on Saturday.
- If the system times out when booking please check your email before trying to rebook as it may have been processed.
Discover the story of Rail in Kilmeadan, Co Waterford in Ireland’s Ancient East. Arrive to the beautifully restored station, board the train to enjoy a scenic journey along the Banks of the River Suir, beside Waterford Greenway. Travelling at 15km per hour in partially open carriages, get a glimpse into Mount Congreve Gardens and make a wish in the Magic Wood. On Saturday the journey is 2km longer as it goes through the Dan Donovan Tunnel to the Toll Plaza for the Francis Meagher Bridge. Suitable for all ages, wheelchair accessible. Relax at Kilmeadan Station enjoying refreshments from the Whistlestop Café and read the storyboards to discover the Story of Rail.